Hello everyone, in this tutorial we will learn how to install SAP HANA Tools in Eclipse or HANA Studio. To get start with SAP HANA Native Development we need these tools. So let gets started.
1. Install Eclipse IDE Kepler/Juno/Mars version from
2. Choose the mirror from which you want to download the eclipse.
3. After download has completed.Unzip the file and extract to a folder of your choice.
4. To start the eclipse, navigate to the folder in which you have extracted in Step-3 and click on
5. You can see the Eclipse welcome page and you have successfully installed Eclipse in your local machine.
6. Our next step is to install SAP HANA Tools. To do that navigate to Help → Install New Software from eclipse menu.
7. In the Available Software window, enter “
8. In the Install Details window, review the items and click on Next.
9. In the Review Licenses window, read the license agreement and choose I accept the terms of the license agreements.Click on Finish to start the installation.
10. While your installation, you will be prompted with a Security Warning dialog box like below.Click on OK to continue the installation.
11. At the end of installation, you will be prompted with below confirmation window to restart the Eclipse. Click on Yes to confirm and eclipse will be restarted with the SAP HANA Cloud Tools installed.
12. Change the Eclipse perspective to SAP HANA Modeler perspective by navigating to Window → Open Perspective → Other.From the list of perspectives choose SAP HANA Modeler.
You have successfully installed SAP HANA Tools in Eclipse or HANA Studio.In our next tutorial we will see How to Add SAP HANA Cloud System and will see how to develop SAP HANA native applications, HANA Views etc.
Please stay tuned to us for SAP HANA Cloud Platform tutorials.Please feel free to comment and let us know your feedback. You feedback will keep us alive.