Hello every one, in this SAP HANA Modeling tutorial, we will learn about How to create Derived Attribute Views in SAP HANA.
You should know about Attribute Views in SAP HANA.Refer to Introduction to Attribute Views in SAP HANA.
You should know about How to create Standard Attribute Views in SAP HANA.
2.Business Use Case
You cannot use same standard attribute view more than once in modeling with Analytic Views or Calculation Views. In such business modeling use case we can create a derived attribute view for that standard attribute view and use it as many as times.
Overview: Derived attribute view is created from an existing standard attribute view.
1. Start your SAP HANA Studio/Eclipse IDE which has SAP HANA tools installed.
2. Change your HANA Studio modeling environment to SAP HANA Modeler Perspective. To do the same, navigate to Window → Open Perspective → SAP HANA Modeler.
3. Expand content folder and Identify your package in which you want to create the view.
4. Right click on the package and choose New → Attribute View.
5. In the New Information View window,
Name = Enter the name of the derived attribute view.
Label = Enter the description of the derived attribute view.
SubType = Select subtype as “Derived” from the drop-down list.
Derived From = Click on Browse button to choose an existing standard attribute view.
6. Newly created derived attribute view will open in the editor like below. Click on Save and Active button .
7. After save and active, derived attribute view is created successfully.
8. Click on Data Preview button in the toolbar of the view editor to view the data.
4.Important Points you should know about Derived Attribute Views.
Derived Attribute Views are created against existing standard attribute views.
Derived Attribute Views are read-only.
Description is the only field editable in the Derived Attribute Views.
Any changes to base attribute view will be reflected in the derived attribute views.
Please stay tuned to us for more SAP HANA Modeling tutorials.Please feel free to comment and let us know your feedback. You feedback will keep us alive.